February 25, 2010, marked the 60th anniversary of Paul & Jimmy’s Restaurant, a Gramercy Park fixture known for its hand-crafted, Italian fare. Originally opened in 1950 on Irving Place by Paul and Jimmy Delgado, the establishment immediately became a home to high-profile diners and New York locals alike. In 1968, Cosmo Azzollini bought the restaurant from its namesake after working there for many years as waiter. Cosmo and his sons operated the establishment together for several decades and later relocated to its current location on 18th Street.
Since 1997 Louis and Linda Azzollini have owned Paul & Jimmy’s. Their daughter joined them in 1999 and their son Greg followed in 2005. As the 3rd generation to run the restaurant, Greg Azzollini is a graduate of The Institute of Culinary Education and currently serves as Executive Chef. He continues to serve old-country-style Italian dishes, as well as, innovative specials prepared daily. All plates are crafted with the freshest of ingredients, many sourced locally from farmers markets, and well-stocked in portion.
There are no events taking place on this date.